Monday, April 29, 2013

Being An Adult

Here's a list of things that make me feel like an adult:

1) Living on my own
2) The fact that I think I may have found a church (whoop!)
3) Paying bills (boo)
4) Dropping $180 at the grocery store
5) The fact that I bought hummus












6) The amount of Odwalla in my fridge right now












7) Having thoughts like "Maybe I'll grab a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight." (More specifically  this makes me feel like my mother. So... hmmmm.)

8) Learning my way around parts of Brentwood without my GPS (which, by the way, decided that right after I moved to a new state would be the perfect time to die on me. I had to guy buy a new one on Sunday #firstworldproblems)

9) The fact that I've been fairly consistent about hitting up the apartment gym. (meh)


Here's a list of things that make me feel like I'm actually still a kid playing grown-up:

1) My stubborn determination to carry all my grocery bags up the stairs in one trip (two trips is for n00bs)












2) The fact that this made it into the cart at Kroger today












3) The fact that I have to get other people to do things like hang curtain rods (thanks, Zach) and open salsa jars. (For those of you following the saga on Facebook: No, I still haven't gotten it open yet.)
4) The level of emotional distress I'm feeling because my pet rat hasn't warmed up to me yet
5) The fact that I have a pet rat

On that note, some of you may have missed that memo. So, ladies and gentlemen, meet Loki of Asgard



There's not too much else to share with you guys. It's been raining a lot, so I haven't done much exploring. I have gotten a lot of writing done on my book, though. I'd say I'm a little over halfway done. And this week promises to be more exiting then the last one. You'll hear more about that in the next blog post, probably. And somebody's having a birthday on Saturday. Not gonna say who. But I think you might know her... 

The whole time I was writing this blog post I kept thinking about "This is Why I'll Never be an Adult" from the blog Hyperbole and a Half. If you've never seen that blog, you are seriously missing out. And if you've never read that particular post before (or even if you have) then here you go, and you're welcome. (Apologies in advance for the profanity in her posts. But it's infrequent and completely worth it.)




No comments:

Post a Comment