Saturday, April 6, 2013

Short And A Little Sporadic

I don't have too terribly much to report, seeing as I've only lived in Nashville for a total of one day. But since I have the most amazing friends ever, I've had plenty of questions about my adventure so far so I thought I'd take a second to post a quick update.

For starters, this post is brought to you by the unexpected wifi at the house where I'm living for now. Praise the Lamb! This will make my life much easier, and my posts much more frequent.

So here's the short version of the past two days...

My mother and I left Katy, TX at 5:30 am on Friday morning, and pulled into Brentwood, TN at 9:30 pm. Basically I fell asleep listening to the Lord of the Rings audiobook we got for the trip, and when I awoke the old narrator was singing elvish songs and my mother had gotten us lost. This cost us about an hour. I managed to fall down the stairs carrying my large box of shoes on Thursday night (don't judge me) and pulled a muscle in my neck/left arm. So we arrived to Nashville extremely tired and sore, and slept in pretty late this morning.

Today I got up, saw one of the greatest people I know, the wonderful Christy Kennedy, then looked at a few apartments in the Brentwood area with my mother. I'm hoping to end up there before too long, assuming I can land a job. Then we headed up to Bethpage, where I'm living for the moment with some family friends I've known since I was a tiny girl with a British accent. They live in a precious A frame house up on a hill in a wooded area. There's a great porch, gazebo, and plenty of fun woodland creatures. There are also lots of nifty things around the house, like little treasures for me to discover over the next few weeks. The likelihood of me posting pictures of these "treasures" to my Instagram feed is extremely likely.

Well there's not much else to say for now. I'm still a little brain-dead from yesterday's drive. Tomorrow begins the (hopefully short-lived) church hunting portion of this adventure. Hopefully I'll find somewhere to plug in soon.

I hope this post makes sense and has some sort of followable flow. I promise to be less scatter-brained in the future (or at least hide it better in my posts).

My very first picture as a Nashville resident:

No comments:

Post a Comment